Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
(modified from thegraciouspanty)
2 cups uncooked pasta (whole wheat or brown rice), macaroni, shells, spirals, etc.
1 cup skim milk
2 cups kraft fat free cheddar cheese
¼ cup onion, chopped fine
¼ teaspoon mustard, dry ground
¼ teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- In a small nonstick frying pan, sauté onion at medium heat till golden
- In a medium sauce pan, combine cold milk and flour with a whisk till no lumps remain. Turn heat on to medium. Heat milk till hot, but not boiling, whisking constantly to avoid sticking.
- Stir (with a spoon) in the cheese, onion, mustard and paprika.
- Combine with the pasta
- Grease a 9” pie pan, or an 8” x 8” square pan and pour pasta into it.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or top is golden.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.